CDB, ‘90s masters of Australian R&B, return to the scene with their new album Tailored for Now – Eleven R&B Super Jams, out April 28. Original members Andrew De Silva, brothers Gary and Brad Pinto and Danny Williams celebrate their ‘90s R&B heroes with iconic hits from Boyz II Men, Montell Jordan, SWV, R Kelly and many more. Tailored for Now is available to pre-order now.
Produced by Andrew De Silva and Gary Pinto, these R&B super jams are brought into 2017 with a slick new production and the tight vocally driven performance one would expect from this band. “The resurgence of ‘90s R&B into mainstream music culture is like a dream come true for us” said Gary Pinto. “This new album allows us to share with our audience a very special time in our lives. The artists we pay tribute to on this album and their culture was our inspiration. Having this opportunity to showcase these songs, put our own flavour into them and bring them into today is a really special thing.”
CDB are looking forward to getting back on the road and touring this album, which is as much about creating nostalgia as it is about bringing great songs into a new era. “R&B has always had a diehard following in Australian subculture,” laughs Danny Williams. “We cannot wait to bring our new show out on the road to them. It is a high energy, choreographed, authentic ‘90s experience with a focus on great singing and is backed by some of Australia’s best musicians.”
Individually, the members of CDB have created their own success stories and etched out their place within the Australian music industry. Andrew won the 2012 season final of Australia’s Got Talent and is a successful recording artist, songwriter and producer. Gary is the Vocal Director of Channel Seven’s X Factor and has mentored artists such as Samantha Jade, Dami Im, Will Singe and many more. Brad is an accomplished songwriter with successes including co-writing JJJ’s Hottest 100 hit Boys Like You with rapper 360.
As teenagers, CDB were part of Melbourne’s south eastern urban scene, a movement that included musicians, producers, rappers, graffiti and visual artists, DJs, fashion designers, and dancers. Signed to Sony in their late teens, CDB’s debut album Glide with Me (1994) went platinum in Australia and Top 5 in France. Let’s Groove topped the ARIA chart and was the bestselling Australian single of 1995. CDB toured the world, playing with the likes of Boyz II Men, K-Ci & Jo-Jo, Desiree and Tina Arena. They performed in Seoul to a live audience of 100,000 and a broadcast audience of 17 million worldwide. Their second album Lifted (1997) had success with singles Good Times and Back Then.
TAILORED FOR NOW – ELEVEN R&B SUPER JAMS TRACKLISTING
1. If I Ever Fall In Love (originally recorded by Shai, #2 on the ARIA chart in 1993)
2. She’s Got That Vibe (originally recorded by R Kelly, #14 on the ARIA chart in 1992)
3. Every Little Step (originally recorded by Bobby Brown, #6 on the ARIA chart in 1989)
4. Right Here (originally recorded by SWV, # 10 on the ARIA chart in 1993)
5. The Floor (originally recorded by Johnny Gill, #5 on the ARIA chart in 1993)
6. This Is How We Do It (originally recorded by Montell Jordan, #3 on the ARIA chart in 1995)
7. End Of The Road (originally recorded by Boyz II Men, #1 on the ARIA chart in 1992)
8. Just Got Paid (originally recorded by Johnny Kemp)
9. I Want Her (originally recorded by Keith Sweat)
10. All My Life (originally recorded by K-Ci & JoJo, #1 on the ARIA chart in 1998)
11. ‘90s Chill Medley (includes Tevin Campbell’s 1993 #3 ARIA hit Can We Talk, Janet Jackson’s 1993 #1 ARIA hit That’s The Way Love Goes, Hi-Five’s I Like The Way (The Kissing Game) and Soul For Real’s Candy Rain)